Review: Bad Intentions, Charleigh Rose

Title: Bad Intentions
Series: Bad Love #2
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: NA/Contemorary Romance
Release Date: April 30, 2018

.

.
Lo
Moving to River’s Edge was supposed to be a fresh start.
Away from chaos. 
Away from bad influences and worse relationships. 
All I wanted was to give my little brother more of a chance than I ever had. 
It should’ve been simple. 
I didn’t count on my transgressions following me.
And I definitely didn’t count on meeting Dare.
Tall, tortured, and tattooed. 
A Lost Boy through and through. 
Falling for someone like him was asking for heartache. 
But I was a sucker for punishment. 

Dare
I had a routine. 
Eat, work, sleep, repeat, only ever doing the bare minimum to keep up appearances. 
I kept my circle small and my guard high. 
I spent years making sure I didn’t repeat the mistakes of my past, forming an impenetrable layer of ice around my heart. 
Then Logan showed up in my town, in my tattoo shop, testing my patience along with my self-control.
She was fire and I was ice.
I should’ve stayed away. 
But I had been cold for far too long.



.
.
.
.





Rate: 5 lotus flowers
Even though I loved Dare and Logan and even Jess a whole lot, I still love Asher and Bri more and boy am I happy they were in this book more than once. Actually I'm pretty glad everyone was, I cannot wait for all of them to get their own book, even some of the new characters like Jess, Lo's brother. This whole gang is just amazing!

I loved that this story was fast paced, I couldn't put it down. I just wanted to keep on reading chapter after chapter. I couldn't get enough of these two (and everyone else). 
I completely fell in love with Dare and Lo from the very beginning. I loved watching them go from strangers to more in just a couple of days. Their attraction was soul deep and I loved watching them try to fight it and failing so hard. It was fun and entertaining, it was hot and I dare say it, very sweet. 

“Lo. Stop.” I hold her shoulders, trying to get her to meet my eyes. “I’m just…fuck, I’m concerned for you, okay?” “I can take care of myself,” she insists, her voice still full of steel. “I see that. I know that,” I agree. “But it doesn’t mean no one else can give a shit.” 

Dare was breathtaking! He was hiding so much and even himself but as soon as Lo showed up at his door, he started changing, flowering and it was beautiful. She brought out a side of him that never existed before but had been waiting to be set free and it was glorious watching him be happy and loved like he deserved. 

I’m not boy crazy. I don’t swoon or lose my mind when an attractive guy comes along. Looks don’t matter much to me—I know firsthand that some of the most beautiful people are ugly on the inside—but Dare is on another level. His inky black hair is perfectly disheveled like it was on Halloween, and I have the urge to run my fingers through it. He’s tall, probably a good eight inches taller than my five foot three. His eyes seem impossibly blue, his jaw sharp. Thick, black eyebrows. Full bottom lip, the top one slightly thinner. But the sexiest thing about Dare isn’t physical. It’s in the way he carries himself. His intensity. His give-no-fucks attitude. I may not be drawn to a pretty face, but like a typical girl, I am drawn to a challenge. He’s closed off and mysterious and kind of cranky, so why do I want to be the one to crack the shell and get under his skin?

Lo was beyond amazing. Having had the past she had, raising her brother since she was basically seven years old, and all the other bs she went through, she was so strong and such a freaking epic person. I'm so glad she had Dare to help her and be there for her. These two really were so perfect and cute together. 
I just loved her. I loved how much she cared about everything. And I loved her and Jess's dynamic. She did everything for him.

“The only way to get rid of this itch…” he trails off, rolling my nipples between his fingers, “is to scratch it.” “Makes sense,” I breathe, rocking against the hardness I feel under his jeans. “So, what you’re saying is—” “We fuck. Just this once. Then we go back to being…friends.” “Just friends.” “Just friends,” he agrees, fumbling with the button of his jeans.

Bad Intentions was epic. You'll fall for these characters in a flash, and I really don't just mean Dare and Lo but everyone. I hope this series continues on and on because I want everyone to get a book. That's how much I love them all. 
Give this book a read, it's so worth it. A lot of stuff happens, regarding their pasts and what Lo and Jess ran from, everything was so well thought out. I loved everything about the plot, and it wasn't predictable like most things are these days in books. So score for that. Lo & Dare's chemistry was off the charts, but it was much more than sex for them even before the sex even happened. I loved that! 

“Do friends do this?” “Absolutely fucking not,” I growl, smoothing my hands up to squeeze her ass, pulling her into me. “What about…best friends?” she asks, breathless. “If they do, I’ll be you best fucking friend forever.”

I just seriously loved them together from the first second. They were perfect for each other. Everything was so fun, hot and sweet between them, but it also got serious and they were there for each other when it did. And I just loved watching Dare be protective of her even before they were even 'friends'. I just loved him, period. 

“I’ll be Jack and you’ll be Sally,” 

Please pick up this book and meet these wonderful characters. You don't have to read Bad Habits before you read Bad Intentions, but that book is freaking amazing and you'll know certain things better about certain relationships and friendships, so I advise you to read it too. You'll miss out if you don't, just saying.


.



.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.


HOSTED BY:


Comments

Popular Posts