Review: A Steel Heart, Amie Knight


Title: A Steel Heart
Author: Amie Knight
Release Date: November 9, 2017
Genre: Romance

BLURB
Five seconds.
A deafening blast. Pain. Silence. 
That was all it took for an IED to end my life as I knew it. The man I was shattered in a hard wave of sound and debris that rained down on me like death itself. 
And six months later, after waking up to an inescapable hell, I found myself wishing that death had found me. 

Until her. 
Miranda Jacobs swept into my life like a cool breeze on a smoldering day. 
With her smart mouth and her ridiculous jokes, she brought me back to life one minute at a time. 

Turned out time wasn’t on our side. 

Five seconds.
Screams. Twisted metal. Silence.
And I’d lost it all again—only this time, I had no one to blame but myself.



REVIEW

My first Amie Knight book and I gotta say I think I feel a little in love. I am definitely checking out her other books, specially because some are about characters that appeared in this one. 
I loved her writing, the flow of the story, the plot and the freaking characters!!

And his name was Holden? Holden Steel he’d said. I rolled my eyes to the ceiling. Of course, even his name was drool worthy, sounding like the very definition of a hot fictional book boyfriend. I couldn’t even with him. It was as if God himself was taunting me with this Holden, having him be everything I’d ever wanted and nothing I needed.

It was everything I love in a book, funny, steamy, angsty and sweet, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more.

“Bad childhood or not, there’s no excuse. I’m not a gynecologist or anything, but I know a cunt when I see one.” - This line was everything, oh my Steel!

They were both so damn funny, I loved their interactions.

She blew out a breath and her eyes rolled to the ceiling. “Yes, Daddy.” I raised my own eyebrows and said blankly, “Kinky.” “You still got jokes, Holden Steel.” She smiled despite how sick she was. And the truth was I kinda loved making her smile. Lately, I was living for it.

Mae watched me like she was watching something miraculous happen and I went to lift my hand to cover the almost smile that seemed to pop out of nowhere. It had given me no time to prepare. “You’re smiling,” she practically whispered to me. Her hand clutched her chest. “Sweet dear baby Jesus in the manger, you have a dimple! How is that even possible or fair?” She looked pained. My hand was almost to my face, but she grabbed it and brought it back to the table, still clutched in hers. She smiled back at me and my skin prickled with the awareness that I wanted her so much. More than just for a night. More than just for a walking partner. God, I wanted her to be mine. But I wasn’t in any shape to take anyone as mine. I was a mess. I couldn’t get through a day without pain and anxiety meds. I had nothing to give this beautiful woman who could give me the world.

And their steamy moments, holly sh*t!!

I pulled my hand from her pants and brought it to my nose, breathing her in. She looked at me all wide, scandalized eyes, and I smiled again before placing my fingers in my mouth and giving them a good suck. She tasted fucking amazing. I couldn’t wait to put my mouth between her soft thighs. I moaned around my fingers and Mae covered her face with her hands. “Holy shit, that was filthy. So damn dirty, Holden. I can’t believe you just did that.” I chuckled, loving that I could make her cuss and shock her. God knows, she shocked me enough.

“That’s my girl,” he said, sounding proud as he held me in place by my hair, ruthlessly fucking me. Taking every bit of me I was willing to give. It was all so consuming, so over the top, so Holden Steel. It was everything I expected and more. Sweat broke out on his forehead and he gnashed his teeth together. “Get there, baby. I’m close and I’m not coming without you.” He grabbed my hand and pushed it down toward where we were connected. “Rub your pussy.” I dipped my hand into my wetness, the tips of my fingers brushing his cock before rubbing slow circles around my clit. Holden looked down between us, watching himself fuck me, watching me touch myself. “Goddamn, that’s so fucking sexy,” he growled and then his lips were back on mine, his tongue fucking my mouth while his hips drove relentlessly into mine. “Yes, yes, yes,” I whispered into his mouth. “Fuck, I’m going to come, Holden. I’m coming.”


Holden Steel was amazing, romantic, sexy as hell, sweet, funny bu also a man with a lot of issues, he lived a nightmare every day and woke up to more every night, until he met Mae (officially). Then he wasn't living a nightmare anymore, Mae brought him so many light, he was happier but still his issues prevailed. 

Her eyes, my God. They were a direct line to my heart. They made it simultaneously hurt and beat faster. What was happening to me? Did I believe in fate? A month ago, I would have called fate complete bullshit, but staring down at this woman, I knew the truth. What else could I call it? The feeling only she gave me? This sudden willingness to live when all I’d wanted was to die? The excitement I felt every time I saw her when I’d been so miserable the months before? She could only be here for one reason and that reason had to be me. “Maybe,” I breathed down at her. 

They were the kind of issues that would not disappear until he did something to get rid of them. And for that, he needed to want them to go away, he needed to see that he could actually get better. And that took him a while, and it took him losing more than he had already lost to finally see it. 

And boy did I feel so much for both him and Mae. My heart hurt for them so bad, but at the same time I feel like he needed something like that to wake him up and make him work on his issues, so that he and Mae could actually be together and happy.

They say great love stories have happy endings, but I say they have epic beginnings and beautiful middles too. Here’s ours.

God, that man was the epitome of perfectly imperfect.

“No, I thought it was brilliant and sweet and beautiful even if it didn’t have an ending.” He smiled down at me. “Come on, Mae, you know how our story ends,” he said before leaning forward and blocking out the sun, kissing me again and again until I was dizzy. I grinned against his lips, because I did know how our story ended. Happily. Ever. After.
Rate: 4,8 / 5 stars

Purchase Links: Amazon UK | Amazon US

Comments

Popular Posts