Release Tour + Review: Bad Habit by Charleigh Rose

Title: Bad Habit
Author: Charleigh Rose
Genre: New Adult Romance
Release Date: November 16, 2017

.

BRIAR
I was infatuated with Asher Kelley the moment he came tumbling through my brother’s window five years ago. 
Even bruised and bloodied, he was the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. 
We couldn't ever be together.
I was too young, and he was too untouchable. 
He was too troubled, and I was too naïve. 
But the heart is rebellious, and mine decided it didn’t care about any of those things. 
As I got older, harmless flirting turned to stolen moments in dark corners. 
Until one day, he was gone without a trace.
Now, two years later, he’s back. 
Callous and cruel. 
He’s my brother’s best friend. My parents’ worst nightmare.
I should hate him. 
But like a Bad Habit, I can’t quit him. 

ASHER
I was drawn to Briar Vale from the first time she looked up at me with stars in her big, blue eyes. 
She was just a kid, nothing but elbows and knees, but she was the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. 
We could never be together.
I was too old and she was too off limits. 
She was too good and I was too fucked up.
Eventually, the temptation became too much to resist. 
I risked everything for a kiss and she betrayed me. 
Two years have passed and I’m forced to see her again, but now she's all grown up. 
She’s my best friend’s baby sister. My downfall. 
I hate her for what she did. 
But she's always been my drug of choice.

.
.

This was one of my most anticipated reads of the year. I was dying for this to drop on my kindle. And gosh, it was so worth the wait!!

He’s always been magnificent to me, with his onyx hair that hangs in his dark, mismatched eyes. His full lips and slightly pointed nose. The dimples that I didn’t even know existed for an entire year into knowing him, because the boy never really smiles. Smirks, yes. Taunting, mocking, sarcastic grins. But a full-blown Asher Kelley smile is rarer than a blue moon. Now that his shoulders are broader, his chest and arms bigger, and his jaw more chiseled…he’s a man. And he’s perfection. 

It took me 0.2 seconds to fall in love with Asher. My heart hurts thinking about everything he went through. I also really loved Bry, she was such a sweet person and loved so fiercely. And also Dash, Adrian and Nat. They were a spectacular group of friends, even with all the things they hid from each other. I wanted to be part of their group, they had each other's back always.

This book was a mix of some of my favorite tropes, falling in love with brother's best friend, forbidden love, friends since childhood, and then a lot of angst through out the whole thing, yes please. This book was seriously everything and I cannot stress how much I loved it. I'm ready to read it again. It was perfect, I just loved reading about these characters so much, everything they went through while they were together and while they were apart. I just loved every moment, no matter how painful it was for them (and for me). I fell completely for Asher and Briar. I couldn't get enough of them.

Asher and Briar's love was full of hurdles, first there was the age difference forbidding them from being together, then there's drama with side chicks + asshole parents and Asher leaves without saying goodbye. Three years later he's back, his abusive drunk father is at death's door and Asher is back to deal with him.

While Asher and Bry both resent each other for what happened between them in the past, they are 'forced' together and what they feel for each other is unavoidable no matter how much they want to hate each other for having broken each other's heart 3 years ago. They fight it with tooth and nails but their love is stronger than their stubbornness and so they start a relationship in secret, behind Dash's back and we all know how these things end. Well, it's way worse. The secret doesn't just come out, it implodes, exposing other secrets with it and causing a lot of heartache for all involved. Someone gets hurt. Someone else dies. Asher runs. Everything is mess.

People say it’s better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, but those people have never been in love with Asher Kelley. He doesn’t dole out his love freely. He’s stingy with it, and when you’re on the receiving end, it feels like you’ve been awarded this extremely rare gift. Being loved by him is magic, but being left by him is tragic.

 Is Dash and Asher's friendship ruined forever? Will he and Bry ever get the HEA they both deserve? Will Asher finally realize that if he keeps running he's turning out just like his dad? Will he go back to fight for Bry and salvage his friendship with Dash? I don't know, well I do know but I'm not telling you ;) Find out for yourself, pick this baby up. It's so worth it! xx

A moan slips free as my arms wrap around his neck, holding his head to my chest, and my legs lock around his waist. I’m so full of Asher, physically, emotionally, mentally. This is pathetic. No matter how many times he burns me, I go back for more. I need him like a bad habit—one that I don’t want to kick.

Also, I'm very excited this will be the first book in a series, I hope my other babes (Dash, Adrian and Nat) get their own books, no matter who they end up with *wink wink*. I'll ship them all even as a menage lol.

Rate: 5/5 stars

.
.
.
.
.
.

The quiet snick of the front door closing alerts me to her arrival. About fucking time. I flatten myself against the wall behind her door right before she opens it then gently nudges it shut with the back of her foot. She kicks off her shoes and starts to pull her dress up to take it off. Standing with her back to me in front of the moonlit window, I can make out her brand-new curves. Her tight, round ass. The dimples on the small of her back. Her dress is just past her hips when I speak. 


“Have fun tonight?” 

Briar yelps and drops her dress back in place before spinning around. 

“I was until I had some perv spy on me for the second time in as many days.” 

“Oh, I’m the pervert?” I taunt, moving closer. She wants to back away, but she doesn’t. She stands her ground, and it only spurs me on. “Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it was you who watched me jack off this morning.” 

I’m almost sad the lights aren’t on to see her inevitable blush. I’m standing over her tiny form, and she has to crane her neck to look up at me. 

“Momentary lapse in sanity.” She shrugs. “It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.” 

Those words kick around in my head for a second before I practically tackle her onto her bed. She lands on her back, mouth parted in shock, with her legs spread and her dress ridden up. My hips fill the spot between her thighs, and I pin her hands to the bed. 

Fuck, this was a bad idea. She smells good—sweet, like her conditioner—and she feels even better. I have to fight the urge to grind into her. 

“Nothing you haven’t seen before, huh?”

“No,” she says between clenched teeth.

“Who was it?” I demand. “Was it the little golden boy from tonight?” 

“None of your business.” 

“Tell me, Briar,” I whisper, getting closer to her ear. “Did he make you come from a kiss like I did? Does he know what you sound like as you do? Because I can still hear you. I can still see you.” 

If her sharp intake of breath didn’t let me know she was affected, the way she rocked into my jean-covered cock does. I stay stock-still, still braced above her with my hands around her wrists. 

“Does he know that I was the first one to make this little body come before you even knew how to do it yourself?” I bring her wrists closer together so I can grip them both with one hand, and I trail my index finger from her sternum all the way down to her underwear. 

A moan slips free, and her hips chase the friction once more. 

“No,” she whispers.

.




.

.
.
.
.


HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular Posts