This is Dangerous, Kennedy Fox Review


Title: Checkmate: This is Dangerous (Logan & Kayla #1)
Series:  Checkmate Duet #5
Author: Kennedy Fox
Publication Date: July 6th, 2017
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary

Rate: 5/5 epic stars

I've wanted to read Logan & Kayla's story so bad since Drew & Courtney's Duo. But guess who didn't read this when it was released? Yeah, that's right! Me! I know I know, I was dying for it but I also know how Brooke and Lyra work by now and I knew that it would end in a cliffhanger, and not just any cliffhanger, it's always something huge and that tends to kill me. And have I mentioned how much I hate waiting? No? I really do, and I know that I waited longer to read this book but it was the lesser of two evils! 
So yeah, I was waiting for 'This is Beautiful' to come out so that I could binge read the duo. Somehow, by some miracle (after I applied of course) I received an Arc this past weekend, so what did your girl do? That's right she started binge reading it right away! I'm proud to say that I'm currently writing this after finishing both books, and let me tell you: IT WAS PERFECT! 
Even though I am proud, and very grateful to have received the arc, I'm super sad that there's no more of this gang coming my way. I have loved these characters since the very first book and I'm just sad that there will be no more of my babies. They have a very special place in my heart and they always will! This is a series that I know I'll be re-reading time and time again!

This book made me feel everything, it was funny, sweet, very frustrating due to the slow burn relationship between Logan and Kayla, but it was soooo good and I enjoyed every bit of it, even when it tore my heart to pieces! It was so freaking romantic and had the most amazing sex scenes. Logan and Kayla are freaky and I loved it!

Both characters are so damn amazing, such great people. I had already fallen in love with them in past books but I loved them so much more now, they are truly amazing. I want them to be my friends. No, wait.. I want to be part of the whole gang, please! 
I loved how genuine they were, how much they loved each other, the family they got and their dogs. I love dogs!
Everything about this book was perfect, except the end of course. That had me shook but I was expecting it.

If you have not ready any of the Checkmate duos, I absolutely 100% recommend you to do so! All books are freaking amazing and I seriously can't chose a favorite couple, like it's impossible. I loved them all very dearly and I just cannot choose. This is one of my favorite series ever and if you are a sucker for romances, these are absolute perfection! They all are funny, sweet, very sexy, of course each duo has its own drama and heartache but they are so worth reading! Go pick them all up!

This is War is currently free on Amazon and This is Dangerous is only 0,99$!
Get This is War : Amazon US | Amazon UK


BLURB:

Logan Knight is a real life knight in shining armor. A detective godsend in a sleek black suit has me thinking less than secretive thoughts. Brooding and mysterious, he's the kind of guy every girl instantly notices. Between his seductive smirk and charming good looks, it's no wonder I can't help the way he makes me feel whenever I'm near him. Too bad he's unavailable—or so he says.


He thinks I'm a do-gooder who shouldn't get involved with a guy like him. His past is messy and relationships just add to that. He insists the timing is all wrong and he's devoted to his career, but I don't buy that excuse for a second. I see the way his body tenses and his jaw ticks every time another guy is around me. He just won't admit it, but I'm more determined than ever to show him what he's missing.

I'm a devoted animal rescuer and I'll risk everything to save them, but when a dramatic turn of events puts both our lives at risk, I'm positive Logan will write me off for good. But when he asks for my help with a personal crisis, I know it's my last chance to finally show him I can handle anything he throws my way—messy past and all.

He might think he has me all figured out, but I'll prove him wrong no matter what he thinks. This game of push and pull has me running in circles. One wrong move and we could both lose.

Checkmate, Knight. 




Quotes that made me laugh, swoon:

And I blame Logan Knight. Detective godsend, mysterious, brooding. He’s every girl’s wet dream. (Kayla)

I hate when he flashes that smile. It’s a panty-melting smile if I’d ever seen one. Panty-vanisher. That’s what his smile does. Panties vanishing since 1985. (Kayla)

Of course, she is. She’s Kayla Sinclair. Gorgeous goddess with the biggest heart there is. (Logan)

“I wish you could see what I see.” She places the palm of her hand against my chest, my heart beating rapidly. “You have a kind heart. You’re a protector. You’re always here when I need you. Whether you see it or not, you’re a good soul, Logan Knight.” (Kayla)

Logan Knight makes me act like a fucking moron. The signals, the vibes, the tension—I feel them the minute I’m near him—and it’s as if I can’t get my brain to function normally. I suddenly turn into a spaz. (Kayla)

“Serves the Best Breakfast in Town!” He finally sets my legs down and crawls up my body, pressing a sweet kiss to my lips. “Wouldn’t you agree?” I lick my lips, pretending to give it actual thought. I still can’t see him, but I can tell he’s satisfied with himself. “I can’t quite say. I haven’t tasted their proclaimed World’s Best Sausage yet.” He laughs against my mouth and rolls us so I’m on top of him now. “Well. Bon appétit!” (Logan & Kayla)


Comments

Popular Posts