Flow by Kennedy Ryan



Title: Flow
Series: Grip #0.5
Author: Kennedy Ryan
Publication Date: February 25th, 2017
Genre: New Adult

I started this yesterday late in the afternoon (September 7) and I swear I fell a little in love with Grip and Bristol from the very first chapter. I couldn't put this baby down, I literally read this novella and most of Grip in one go (I still have about 40% left and I'll be going back to it soon). 

A lot of things made me love this novella, first of all it was lengthier than most prequels out there and that made me happy. I hate when novellas are too short, I get that they are called novellas because they are shorter than a normal book, but you can still have a novella that is too short! I loved both characters as individuals, and I of course also loved Rhyson. I couldn't not even though I was a little frustrated with him sometimes for what he would sometimes say to Bristol (poor gal) but I mean, with the parents they had and what he went through I get why he would be that away but I also couldn't help felling really bad for Bristol, she just wanted her brother's love.

Yes, I loved them all as individuals, they were all great people in their own away but I LOVED Grip and Bristol's connection, their chemistry and interactions, it was all so genuine and  very entertaining and just lovely to read. They way they talked about everything and the way they bickered ugh, I LOVED IT ALL. I could not get enough of these two!!

Their conversations were so fun and real too. I love their reaction to each other and the conversations they had. They talked about real issues and that is also something I loved, am loving in this series. That alone makes me want to shout to the world to read this series, for that it is not just powerful for the love story it tells but for the history, the truth of our world.. all the injustices and atrocities Black people have gone through and still go through every day. 


I recommend this series 100%. For every romance lover, every new adult lover, every Kennedy Ryan lover, or just for anyone who is breathing right now... go read this.

Rate: 5 / 5 shiny stars


Blurb: In 8 years, Marlon James will be one of the brightest rising stars in the music industry. 


Bristol Gray will be his tough, no-nonsense manager. 

But when they first meet, she’s a college student finding her way in the world, and he’s an artist determined to make his way in it. 

From completely different worlds, all the things that should separate them only draw them closer. 

It’s a beautiful beginning, but where will the story end? 



Here are some of my favorite quotes for you to enjoy:


➳ "What color are you?", he repeats, his eyes never leaving my face. "You, Bristol, are a freaking prism."




➳ We only get one life, but it's filled with second chances.




➳ Her kiss woos me in the water. Her fingers on my skin are poetry. Her lips, prose. The rhythm of her heart against mine, iambic. Every touch, eloquence.





FLOW, the prequel, MUST BE READ before GRIP & is FREE!
WATTPAD ➜  http://w.tt/2kUo8Yk


Comments

Popular Posts